4-6 June 2018, Rome
I. OVERVIEW OF THE CONFERENCE:
The 8th International Conference of the Financial Engineering and Banking Society (FEBS) will be hosted by the Department of Business Studies of the University of Rome III (https://febs2018.ccmgs.it) in Rome between the 4 and 6 of June 2018. The Conference chairs are Franco Fiordelisi, University of Rome III and Middlesex University in London, Stefano Monferra, University Parthenope of Naples, Fotios Pasiouras, Technical University of Crete; and George Pennacchi, University of Illinois, USA.
II. CONFERENCE THEME:
The conference theme is “Financial Intermediaries, Markets, Instruments, and Regulation one Decade After the Crisis: new threats, new opportunities” and will cover related topics including but not limited to:
– Asset Pricing and Portfolio Valuation
– Banking and Financial Services
– Capital Structure
– Corporate Finance
– Corporate Governance
– Exchange Rates
– Financial Markets and the Micro-Structure of Stock Exchanges
– Financial Regulation and Supervision
– Financial Stability
– Financial Engineering, Innovation, and Fintech
– Mergers and Acquisitions
– Microfinance and Economic Development
– Monetary Policy and Central Banking
– New Accounting Standards’ Impact on Finance
– Risk Management
III. KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
– Philipp Hartmann, Deputy Director General of the research department at the European Central Bank.
– Iftekhar Hasan the E. Gerald Corrigan Professor of Finance at the Gabelli School of Business of Fordham University and managing editor of the Journal of Financial Stability.
– Andrea Sironi , professor of Banking and Finance at Bocconi University and chairman of the Italian Stock Exchange.
IV. PUBLICATION OPPORTUNITIES:
– A special issue of the Journal of Financial Services Research will be edited by Franco Fiordelisi (University of Rome III and Middlesex University) and George Pennacchi (University of Illinois). The special issue anticipates the high caliber of the conference program, and it aims to publish valuable and rigorous research contributions on the theme “Financial Intermediation and Markets One Decade After the Crisis.” Submission fees will be waived for invited conference papers. Papers of authors accepting this invitation will undergo a fast-track review process that maintains the JFSR’s high-quality publication standards.
– A special issue of the European Journal of Finance will be edited by Franco Fiordelisi (University of Rome III and Middlesex University), Philip Molyneux (University of Sharjah) and Stefano Monferra (Parthenope University of Naples). The special issue anticipates the high caliber of the conference program, and it aims to publish valuable and rigorous research contributions on the theme “Policy Actions and Financial Stability.” Papers of authors accepting this invitation will undergo a fast-track review process that maintains the EJF’s high-quality publication standards.
V. IMPORTANT CONFERENCE DATES:
Submissions Deadline: 4 February 2018
Notification of Acceptance: 2 March 2018
Conference Program Disclosure: 2 April 2018
Conference Papers Final Version Due Deadline: 16 May 2017
Conference Dates: from 4th to 6th June, 2017
VI. PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Papers must be submitted via the online submission system before 23:59 (GMT+1) on February 4th, 2018. The criteria for selecting papers for the program include the nature of the research topic, the economic implications of the research, and the academic quality of the research design.
The link for submissions is: https://febs2018.ccmgs.it